2013/02/07

Catwalk. Junya Watanabe Men, Fall/Winter 2013.

When I first saw Junya Watanabe fall/winter 2013 collection for men in The Sartorialist site I was totally thrilled. I absolutely loved the whole thing, colors, pattern mix, patchwork, texture, shape. A lot of similar colors I can find from my own closet. Although this is men collection I'd like to wear many pieces myself.


 
Most fun in the show was that the models had a big amount of personality. Check Junya Watanabe fall collection 2013 in Style.com if you like.

This kind of style could be a good DIY-project too. You can make your own patchwork to some grey tone vintage coat. Just get some quality mens suit fabric patches and start sewing. Same treatment could be done to your old pair of jeans too. Like that you can have a home made Junya Watanabe -style.



The striped T-shirts you can get from Finnish design brand Marimekko. They have this Tasaraita -classic pattern that would do the stripe job here just fine. Tasaraita stripes are designed by Annika Rimala in 1968 and ever since Marimekko has had this evergreen pattern in production. The stripes are 1 cm wide and the stripes are knitted. You can find in Marimekko webshop right now: 
T-shirt with long sleeves, Pitkähiha, that fits for men too and Mari Classic for women.



To some extent the whole thing reminds me of Charley Chaplin's wold. I have just recently seen the very first Chaplin films from 1916 in Cinema Orion, Helsinki. (Eerikinkatu 15) Orion is a cinema of Finland's National Audiovisual Archive. It's possible to see all the masterpieces of film history there. Right now they have a series of Chaplin's work going on Sundays 16.00. It's a pleasure to dive into the past world and styles through the film history. 

To be true I have got few style ideas from the Chaplin's movies in my head, but I leave them to some future post. So stay tuned!

2 comments:

The Other Sanna said...

The audience in the background at the Watanabe show is even more interesting than the clothes I think. But then I'm no understander of fashion.

Flash For Zonzon said...

Well, we all understand fashion in our own way. And that's the good thing, I guess.