2014/06/03

On the Street. Resembling Little My, Lauttasaari, Helsinki.

Resembling Little My

In Finland last Saturday was the endpoint to this school year. The kids get their school certificates and freedom from school begins, lasting two and a half moths. It's the point when people dress up. I saw this little angry fashionista in my daughter's prize day. Little girls are shameless in showing their moods. This contrast is juicy.

She is certainly one character that Tove Jansson would have been interested in. At least to me she looks like relative to Little My.

Right now we are having a wonderful exhibition of Tove Jansson at Ateneum Art Museum, Helsinki, to mark the 100th anniversary of the birth of Tove Jansson (1914–2001). Many of us know her art from Moomin characters and stories. But in this exhibition there is so much more: paintings, murals, political caricatures, films, 3D tableaus of Moomin scenes. And of course the original ink drawings of Moomin-books.

Also, to celebrate this anniversary, a special the "Tove 100" website is open. If you can't come to Helsinki, there is several happenings concerning Tove around the world this year. Check up the Calendar section from the website.

It is funny that even though the exhibition has a huge amount of artwork, the one picture that stays in my mind is a little drawing of a little girl that walks crocodile twice her size. A thin rope is between the two.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such an interesting blog. Check out my blog, I'm sure you'll like it www.wearona.com

Flash For Zonzon said...

Hi Lavinia. thanks for your comment. Welcome to visit in the future too.